The Glorious Apple Muffin
Recipes are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men… so put in more apple.
Glorious Apple Muffins
Prep time: 20mins Cooking time:20mins
200g Plain Flour 80ml Vegetable Oil
100g Caster Sugar 1 Large egg, Beaten
50g Soft brown Sugar 5 Drops vanilla extract
2 ½ tsp Baking Powder 3 Large Bramble apples – peeled, cored and chopped
½ tsp Salt 90ml Semi-skimmed milk
Icing sugar for the top
1. Preheat your oven to 200C and add paper cases to muffin tray.
2. Measure out flour, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Stir in until just combined. (The mixture will be lumpy.)
4. Gently fold in chopped apples and spoon mixture into the muffin cases. Fill the mixture until almost overflowing. Sprinkle on some icing sugar.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Put out on a cooling rack and allow to cool. Sprinkle with more icing sugar!
Boom – Job done.