Earl Grey is my constant companion, but I can be lured away with aromatic coffee and a Pistachio Biscotti. (It doesn’t take a lot..)
175g Plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
175g Caster Sugar
100g pistachios (unsalted, shelled roughly chopped)
2 medium eggs (beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1) Oven 180c Lightly grease a baking tray.
2) Sift flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Add sugar, nuts, beaten eggs and vanilla essence. Mix with a fork and make a dough.
3) Divide the mixture in half. Flour hands, make two sausages 8inches long.
4) Place on the baking tray well spaced apart. Bake for 20 minutes until pale golden and just ffirm.5) Cool for 10 minutes.
6) Transfer to a chopping board. Cut diagonally into 2cm strips. Place on baking tray. Return to oven for 6 minutes. Turn and bake for a further 6minutes.
7) Allow to cool.