Like the Glorious Apple Muffin cakes, I believe you cannot put too many bananas into this cake. The original recipe required two. I routinely use three but if there are four available, don’t’ hold back.
150g Caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg beaten
190g self-raising flour
Spoonful of Demerara sugar (if you like a crunchy top)
1.Preheat the oven to 170CGrease and line a 2lb loaf tin. On a medium heat melt the butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan,
2. Remove the pan from the heat, add the bananas and mash and mix together. Mash and mix well.
3. Add the egg and mix well.
4. Stir in the flour and the milk
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle some Demerara sugar on top. (If you want a crunchy top)
6. Bake 170 C/Fan 150 C/Gas mark 3 for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave it to cool.